Friday, April 16, 2010

It's my apple tree, I'll climb it if I want to.


We have been spending a lot of time outside and Jaron has been spending a lot of time in our apple tree.  It's hard to believe that this time last year we had just made an offer on the house.  I remember thinking, 'Faith and Jaron are going to love that apple tree!'

Some very cute quotes/conversations with Jaron from today:

I worked on weeding our rose garden while Jaron climbed the tree pictured above (he likes to climb up, jump off, climb up, jump off,...).  At one point during this activity, he yelled, "Mama, did you plant all the dandelions around so that our yard would look beautiful?"

Later, while eating lunch, he asked me, "Mama, when you were little, was Daddy your brother?"  I replied by saying, "No, I met Daddy later and he was my friend."  A few minutes later Jaron said, "I'm sorry, Mama."  I said, "Why are you sorry."  He said, "because you didn't have any brothers."

Little kids are so cute.  I love when they let you in on what they are thinking...

(btw, if you were wondering why Jaron is wearing his winter mittens, it's because in the spring time they double as his tree climbing gloves.  I didn't know it, either.)

2 comments:

Sharon S. said...

How cute is that! The way their minds run is truly amazing. My yard looks like you planted some of those dandelions here, as well. Like Johnny Appleseed!

Caryn said...

:) hehe. Thats so cute! One of my favorite things about your blog is Jaron's latest words and Faith's quotes. May have to start Jaron's quotes now too. ;)